Day 30 – Eph. 3:11-12
Posted on February 22, 2013 by
11 This was according to the eternal purpose that he has realized in Christ Jesus our Lord, 12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through our faith in him.
Reflection On This Scripture
Isn’t it a wonderful privilege to approach God with boldness and confidence? Without an accurate view of who God is (His character), it is hard to appreciate the access we have to Him. Working our way from Ephesians 1 through today’s passage, the following characteristics and activity describe the God to whom we have the freedom to approach boldly and confidently through faith in His Son Jesus Christ, our Lord.
- God our Father (Eph. 1:2)
- Blesses us with every spiritual blessing in Christ (1:3)
- Chooses us in Christ before the foundation of the world (1:4)
- Predestined us to adoption as sons according to the good pleasure of His will (1:5)
- His rich grace made us accepted and supplied redemption through Jesus’ blood (1:7)
- Works all things according to the counsel of His will (1:11)
- Sealed us with the Holy Spirit of promise once we trusted in Christ (1:13)
- Father of glory (1:17)
- Gives the spirit of wisdom and revelation (1:17)
- Exceeding greatness of His power raised Jesus from the dead (1:20)
- His sole authority placed all things under Christ’s feet & made Him head over all (1:22)
- Rich in mercy (2:4)
- His great love for us took us when we were dead in sin and made us alive in Christ (2:5)
- Raises us up and makes us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ (2:6)
- He is kind, exceedingly rich in grace, and a giver of good gifts (2:7-8)
- Creator-Designer who prepared works for us before we were even born (2:10)
- Covenant-making and covenant-keeping God (2:12)
- Father of the household of saints that He dwells among in the Spirit (2:19-22)
- Creator of all things (3:9)
- Possesses wisdom and rule over the angelic realm (3:10)
- Eternal God who has eternal purposes (3:12)
This is the God we may approach with boldness and access with confidence, not because of who we are in ourselves, but because of the access Jesus Christ made for us through His shed blood. The only way for a sinner and child of wrath to approach the throne of grace is by coming through His Son, who satisfied the wrath, justice and righteousness of God at the cross, whereby adoption occurred and we were made sons and daughters, accepted by God in Christ.
Pray Through This Scripture
- Take one or more of the characteristics or activity of God listed and spend time praising Him and thanking Him for who He is, what He’s done and who He has made you.
- Spend time with Abba Father and enjoy your “all access pass” provided through Jesus.
Apply This Scripture
- Realize that throughout this day, you have this open access to His throne of grace. Through faith in Jesus, you may approach to obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need (see Hebrews 4:14-16 for the promise).
- 1 Thessalonians 5:17 says to pray without ceasing. I like to think of this as realizing we have an open communication line with God, whereby we really never need to hang up the phone. So enjoy talking with Him throughout the day and listening to His direction, guidance and promises.
- Do it…go to Him…praise Him…seek Him…inquire of Him…and listen to Him.